Monday, September 14, 2009

Chain Gang

So my neighbor went on vacation last week and asked me to run the chains at the local high school football game for him. This is like the creme de la creme for football fanatics like myself. The opportunity to stand on the sidelines and feel like your right in the action, it doesn't get any better. The interesting part about being on the chain gang is you are standing right in front of the opposing team and their coaches. You hear everything! And it's right in your ear.
I've decided it takes a very unique perosnality to be a head coach. A+++, Red, what ever you want to call them, but they are intense. This particular head coach last week had a little something extra. He stunk to high heaven. I'm talking the eye watering, make your nose drip, gag reflexin type of stench that is nearly impossible to describe. Every time he walked by I would take a quick breath of fresh air and hold it as long as possible. The other members of the chain crew would be throwing me looks like, what in the "H" is that smell? Anyway, despite the noxious fumes, it was incredibaly fun. Hope I can do it again.
By the way, we won, again.

No comments:

Post a Comment